10.30.2008

You know that time of night.. right around 7 o clock.. when its not quite dark but its not quite light?
When you can still see the sunset but its fading so it looks more like a smeared rainbow.....
I love that time.
I wish it would last longer than the few minutes that it does.
Isn't it strange how the most beautiful things are fleeting.
I guess it makes since. We wouldnt appreciate them if they were constant.
If the sun didnt shine fiercely on a pretty normal basis, I am sure that I would be enamered with it.
I find myself wishing a lot lately.. wishing that I was more aware of the things around me.
I feel like the majority of the world is walking around looking for a savior out on the streets. Someone that can give them the secret to happiness..
the secret to success
a check list on how to make the most money
a guidebook for getting the best looking date
We are walking around in a daze... holding our dirty laundry under our arms trying to hide it and looking, searching, for something that has real meaning.. ANYTHING.
We go to school and get everything broken down for us..
we narrow it all down to a scientific formula ... because until its proven wrong it must be right...
the problem lies in that no one is secure enough to admit that science holds no ultimate truth.
so we walk around blindly, putting band-aids over our hearts and holding our heads high, careful to maintain composure and avoid eye contact with strangers.. because we have enough friends already.

No thank you to that.
I may have dirty laundry, but i will hold it out in front of me.
I may hold my head high.. but its held in that way so that I can meet the eyes of the strangers I pass.. in hopes that maybe just maybe a smile will crack the hard lines of their faces and that smile will break a heart that is hardened from hiding. And maybe just maybe for no apparent reason they will spill their life story to me like I am their best friend. And maybe... hopefully, I can listen with a heart that begs for more. And maybe... just possibly, they will find that security doesnt come with money, it doesnt come with success, it isnt learned from books, or self help clinics...

My God can move mountains.
He can Shatter the false security of the world that I live in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is real good stuff. for realz