12.28.2008

The Great Slump

It's that weird season where nothing seems very genuine.
Where life consists of going through the motions and you recognize it but don't know how to change it. Can you rightfully blame it on your setting, your circumstance, or even yourself? I don't know the answer's to these questions. But I do know that "The Great Slump" is something I have grown to despise. It appears to be inescapable. I know that there is reason in everything, so I know that it serves a purpose. But quite honestly, I can not WAIT until it's over. I am so good at disguising it, even my best friends probably don't notice. I can go to a million church services, read a million verses, pray a million prayers, but I can not seem to feel anything. Real faith is beyond feelings and emotions, so maybe God is teaching me what real faith is. Can I live faithfully for a month and counting in a state of emotionlessness? The question is more or less pointless to even ask. I don't have a choice. I am seeing that I don't live the way I do because I have a list of rules I'm following, its not because my mom says it is the right thing to do, it is not because it makes me feel better about myself. It is because I know, down in the depths of who I am, that there is no way I could live otherwise. "Thank you God for the Great Slump"....doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, But This too shall pass.

No comments: