8.17.2009

2 days left of summer


My how time flies!
A friend said something last night that more or less was a punch in the stomach.
She said, "There is no in between time, no pure transition...every season is a step...not just an in between."
It would be safe to say that I have been wallowing in what I called transition for the majority of the summer...waiting, not knowing what for, and essentially disregarding the fact that this time in my life is just as important as any other. Life isn't about getting to a certain point and finally making it. Life is the process. In the back of my mind I am fairly confident that I have in fact blogged about and been fully aware of this fact before (not too long ago actually) and yet it seems as though I am learning it afresh. Why it takes me a million times to learn anything, I will never know.

Anyway,
Things are picking up. I'm settled in the new house. I adore my roomates. I am more open to change than I have been in a long long time. I have a joy that comes naturally. I'm in love with life and people and places. Sometimes I feel like the Lord just spoils me rotten.

2 comments:

eyes wide open said...

I know I feel you on that one...I field spoiled as well...its crazy though...He does it just cuz He loves me...wierdo...hahah...I am just trying to get this grace, mercy and freedom thing down...because if I can learn to allow myself to walk in grace I can more easily give it...you know my own imperfections have just kinda slapped me in the face this summer...i think i am finally meeting me for exactly what i am and saying Hey He loves me...I say all this to say I would want to be nowhere else but in the arms of my Daddy...

Erika said...

if there was a "like this" option as there is on facebook, i would be clicking it!

we ARE spoiled :) He is so good.