5.04.2009

quite the find


Before I rush into this blog let me preface a few things.
1. I am not in any hurry to get married.
2. Even if I was in a hurry, that wouldn't change anything because I have no idea who in the world I will end up with.
3. Despite the fact that I have not put a whole lot of thought into what I want my wedding (when the time comes) to look like, I have always had a thing for rings.

OKAY

Here's the dealio...
For quite some time now I have been very disenchanted with diamonds in general. I would love to have a ring that is unique, special, and thought through.
My only exception to this desire I have, is a family ring. I would be totally happy with a ring that has been passed down, I just don't see the point of and would never want someone to go and buy me a "new" diamond ring.
Here is my reasoning... Diamonds are not worth anything. They are stockpiled and over priced. (Watch 'Blood Diamond' if you haven't) Everybody else has a diamond etc.
I know, I know, "Diamonds are forever, Diamonds are a girls best friend" blah blah blah

No thank you.

Anyway, today a friend of mine was looking at jewelry online and I happened to see this ring.
I know it's probably not intended to be a wedding ring.. but I kind of think it's fantastic. (I know it has diamonds in it... but it is unique enough to where I can look past that. :)

(http://www.thisisauto.com/detail/3,5,26/)

No comments: