1.11.2011

Namaste

Today, I cried with a client. We cried about how hopeless the streets are, how selfish we can all become, how people often settle for less than they can achieve, how frustrating the social systems are, and how good our God is.

I really really see The Lord when I look at and talk to this older gentleman. I see pain and suffering, but I also see a heart that has been redeemed. All of the verses about the Lord being with the poor make so much more sense after encountering the poor. The humble heart of a man who has been homeless for 45 years made me cry today. It was a good kind of cry.. the kind where you catch a glimpse of holiness in a fallen human. 

If you think about it, pray for him. That the sadness of a life full of darkness can be replaced with a few years of glory. Pray for miracles, pray for his dependence in the Lord, pray for his addictions, and pray that he knows the depth of the Love Christ has for him.

No comments: