4.02.2009

Psycho Mike


There is a homeless man in downtown Knoxville who is known on the streets as Mike the Psycho. I talk to him on occasion and tonight we were talking about the Ark of the Covenant. The first time I met him he pulled out a piece of paper with numbers and fractions written all over it. He told me that it was a coded map to the site where the Ark of the Covenant is buried.
When I saw him last night I asked him if he had finished working in his map. He told me that he had to burn it because it was too dangerous to keep it with him. In the middle of our conversation he started speaking in tongues. After he stopped I asked him what it meant and he said, "The eyes of the Lord are upon you. You are righteous in the eyes of the Lord."
Things like that remind me that everything...EVERYTHING is spiritual.
The people on the streets humble me more every day.

1 comment:

way said...

dang, that's crazy. I wonder if I've seen this guy. Market Square, perhaps?