4.12.2009

"Put down your 'New York Times' and your 'Gone with the Wind' and come outside with me, the sun is delicious today"


Things I am learning:
1. It is okay to ask for advice.
2. It is not okay to let other people make decisions for you.
3. Discernment is learned not accomplished over night.
4. Friendships are way more complicated than I ever knew. When you invest in some one, it is your friendly obligation to hold them to the standards they set for themselves. Accountability is hard.
5. Being distant and vague is much easier than letting people know you and getting to know other people... but it is never fulfilling.
6. I am more and more like my mom every time I go home.
7. Frustration is amplified when you allow it to be visible.
8. All things are a process.. Life takes time.
9. Being pursued is way more fun than being a pursuer.
10. I have no idea how in the world I should go about living out what I am called to do and I am totally fine with that.
11. God uses me for my weaknesses not my strengths
12. This body and personality of mine are but dust and to dust they will return.
13. America makes it incredibly hard to be yourself. (errr 'sin' rather than America. )
14. I love to cook for other people.
15. I am really excited to see what tomorrow holds.
[I can't wait to cook for my husband and my children. I can't wait to sing in the kitchen. I can't wait to learn to love selflessly. I can't wait to yell "honey I'm home" every time I walk in the door. I can't wait to convince my husband and kids that sleeping in sleeping bags in the backyard every once in a while is a great idea. I can't wait to have a consistent job. I can't wait to graduate. I can't wait to see my friends fall in love. I can't wait until I'm a mom. I can't wait until I meet another broken but mended soul to spend the rest of my life with. I can't wait to act like a child even when I am old and gray.]

1 comment:

J. Carter said...

This is incredible! I just called maddie and left a message reading her number 4. I think I'm finally going to talk to her tomorrow. I'm not going to be mad or go off at her like I would want to, but i'm going to let her know that her actions affect a lot of people and I am very bitter towards her. Thanks for the push Caroline! I love you! and I love how things you see in your life can urge me to do things in mine!