1.31.2009

Play our hearts lament,


Like an Unrehearsed Symphony

I think there is a reason that dust looks dull and gray when resting on a desk,
but shimmers when it falls past the sun coming through your window
I think there is a reason that money is the root of all evil
but allows the poor to be fed and clothed.
I think there is a reason that tears come both when you are overwhelmingly happy,
and when you are terribly sad.


[to continue the movie quotes...]
Crimes and Misdemeanors

"We're all faced throughout our lives with agonizing decisions, moral choices. Some are on a grand scale, most of these choices are on lesser points. But we define ourselves by the choices we have made. We are, in fact, the sum total of our choices."

3 comments:

way said...

That's really funny that the 1st thing you comment on is my story about Clayvon. i didn't know you read my blog. So you have 2, eh? Is your other one not operative anymore? I like you Jars of Clay reference and did you write that poem. And I love Woody Allen. Heather Barton, a dear friend of mine, has been watching a lot of him lately, such as Annie Hall and whatnot. We watched "Crimes and Misd..." senior year at CPA for a bible class. Great movie.

Sorry for all the questions.

way said...

i meant ... so you have 2 blogs?

Caroline said...

yessir I wrote it.
And I do in fact have 2 blogs. One is more like a journal, just for meeeee.