3.05.2009

[Call Me Crazy]


It's an interesting thing; perception.
I was noticing today how differently, different people think.
One person may see a deranged man and think it's devastating and terrible.
I tend to look at him and see unconscious bliss...constant worship and praise. Yes, pure craziness, but not necessarily in a bad sense.
I think God communicates in a really special way with the mentally disabled.
Sometimes I think people who seem "crazy" have a better understanding of God and of humanity than I do.. and I'm supposedly in my right mind.
I wonder if it is even possible to be completely unaware of what anyone thinks of you if you are sane?

In a twisted way, I long to be some crazy old woman who sits in the middle of Market Square dancing to music that only I can hear, singing songs that only make sense to me, and feeling like it's just Me and God when in actuality there are hundreds of people walking past me muttering annoyances about my behavior.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if in the middle of a dancing trance, a crazy person suddenly snapped out of it and realized what they were doing...they were suddenly conscious of the so called "indecency" of their behavior. When you know you have already been seen and labeled as a "crazy" do you just keep going at that point?? Or do you suddenly turn bright red and run away in embarrassment? ...But honestly... why is that even embarrassing in the first place?



No comments: