3.12.2009

Found


Found poem: is a type of poetry created by taking words, phrases, and sometimes whole passages from other sources and reframing them as poetry by making changes in spacing and/or lines (and consequently meaning), or by altering the text by additions and/or deletions.

[All italicized lines are borrowed]

And he sir had a touch of class
with his pocket watch made out of brass
and I loved the way he smelled like clean clothes left on the shelf.

He a complexion of gold, curious smile and a quick wit
carried on the conversations of kings.
I sat- picked at my fingernails
and wondered if he liked his coffee dark.
He opened his mouth and the words that poured out turned heads and emptied pockets.
I stood in the corner, jaw dropped and moved to tears.
He, a gentle soul with the talent of the famous
made me smile to myself while I stirred condensed soup on my old stove top.
Oh I am a dreamer but I'll deny it til' the day I die.
I cast hopes on stars, never told my birthday wishes-
pretended my brain read like a text book.
He, an orchestrated Italian Aria encompassed the ups and downs of a full symphony.
I liked to think that my mind ran clockwise,
but watched my soul jump from noon to sunrise.
He said, beat on the walls and on the ground- to hear the floor and feel the sound.
I tasted the wind and ate the rain
found that the body breaks and the body bends.
He seemed to see me with a fresh pair of eyes
right to the core and past my handsome disguise.
I will ask for the things I lack in heart
learn to love the boy with the calloused fingers and the love of art.

No comments: